[PyKDE] building PyQt3 on RHEL 4.0 -- libs in /usr/X11R6/lib64

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey at swri.org
Thu Jul 27 15:38:38 BST 2006

Hello,

RedHat Enterprise Linux for x86-64 puts the X libs in /usr/X11R6/lib64/,
which is creating some issues with respect to building PyQt3.

In building sip, I have passed LIBDIR, LIBDIR_OPENGL, and LIBDIR_X11 as
command line arguments, all set to /usr/X11R6/lib64, and the values in
the _default_macros dictionary in sipconfig.py reflect them.

I have modified those same variables in specs/linux-g++ and
specs/linux-g++-64 .

However, when I run configure.py I can examine the variables and see that

    In [4]: sipcfg.build_macros()['LIBDIR_X11']
    Out[4]: '/usr/X11R6/lib'

How can these values be changed?

Thanks,
Glen Mabey