[PyKDE] PyQT4: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

Shane Lin shane.external at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 15:44:13 BST 2006

I'm having trouble using Py2exe with a PyQT-based python project. Or
possibly I'm having a problem with PyQT and Py2exe makes it apparent.
Whichever it is, I run into trouble with importing QtCore and QtGui. The
error reported is:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "xmlEdit.py", line 3, in ?
   File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 12, in ?
   File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 10, in __load
 ImportError: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

Line 10 is the call to imp.load_dynamic to import QtCore.pyd, which is
included in the dist folder. Curiously, this is the same error I get when I
input "from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui" into IDLE. I'm not quite sure what
the error means, only that it isn't that the file is not found (a Module Not
Found error occurs if I remove QtCore.pyd).
It run just fine from the command line. Can anyone shed some light on this?
QT version is 4.1.3. Python is 2.4.3 and PyQT is 4.0.1.