[PyKDE] how to give focus to a particular cell in QTableView

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jul 29 18:05:13 BST 2006

On Sat Jul 29 16:23:12 MEST 2006, Olivier Fournier wrote:

> I don't understand how to give the focus to an item in a TableView.
> With mouse I can make what I want but I need to edit a particular cell.

You could try calling QAbstractItemView.edit() with the model index
corresponding to the cell you want to edit. For example:

  tv = QTableView()
  sm = QStandardItemModel(5, 5)
  tv.setModel(sm)
  tv.edit(sm.index(2, 2, QModelIndex()))

That may not give keyboard focus to the cell itself, so you may also need
to take a look at QWidget.setFocus(), calling the tree view's setFocus()
method to make sure that the user can just start typing as soon as the
cell becomes editable.

David