[PyKDE] ANN: XPathEvaluator 0.1.0

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 1 22:51:15 BST 2006

Hi,

as per Stefan's request I'm announcing here (and on the PyQt mailing
list) the first release of a small tool I "just" (i.e. the last 3 days)
wrote.

XPathEvaluator is a tool to test what results a XPath expression gives
you when executed on a specific XML file. With the help of lxml it can
also parse pretty broken (and of course correct) HTML files. It loads
it's data from URLs if you want and highlights all nodes that an XPath
evaluation returns so you can easily identify them.

I couldn't use lxml for more than HTML parsing because there's
unfortunately no easy way to find out the element to which an attribute
result or text result belongs to. I might actually use lxml for the
initial XML parsing too, because it's way faster than the PyXML parser I
currently have.

I hope somebody finds this useful, I might add new features in the
future, however there's no priority at the moment for the development of
XPathEvaluator. As always with open source software: Patches welcome.

XPathEvaluator can be downloaded from:
http://www.apaku.de/linux/xpathevaluator/index.php
That page also mentions all required software.

Hope somebody will find this useful.

Andreas

--
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.