[PyKDE] Eric3 question

malvert malvert at telenet.be
Sat Jun 3 10:58:54 BST 2006

I am quite satisfied with my running 3.9.0 version.
My current Python version that came with my Linux distro is 2.4.1.
I would like to move up to a more recent Python version WITHOUT disturbing the
one that came with the distro. For practical reasons I can't upgrade my linux
right now.
I managed to install Python 2.4.3 without problem and it is running the Python
shell nicely. It is installed in /usr/lib/python-2.4.3.
Trying to install eric 3.9.0 as usual into this new directory fails with
complaints about not finding Qt3.
Does somebody have a correct procedure to install eric3 properly?
Thank you very much for your help.