[PyKDE] Eric3 question

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 3 17:02:11 BST 2006

On 03.06.06 17:18:27, malvert wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> Thank you for your reply.
> As I installed everything under KDE in order to get going with eric3, is there
> any danger at all for upsetting the old KDE installation by reinstalling SIP,
> QScintilla and PyQt by recompiling these into my new /usr/lib/Python-2.4.3
> directory?

I don't think so. You don't need to reinstall QScintilla into
/usr/lib/Python-2.4.3 (I still think you should use
/usr/local/Python-2.4.3 and not mess with the package system's paths).
Use the QScintilla installed via your package management, begin with
installing sip with your Python 2.4.3, then PyQt (using the
configure-options to point it to the proper Qt and QScintilla, see
configure.py --help for more information) and then you're ready to
install eric3.

Andreas

--
Your love life will be happy and harmonious.