[PyKDE] Dragdrop with a QTreeView?

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 00:32:09 BST 2006

> Hmm, this sounds like something I already reported to TT, however my
> example uses only 1 view and its a listview. The problem here is that
> the items are only moved visually and not on the underlying model. Also
> the move brings items on top of each other, somehow "merging" them.

Weird. What do you think of the following hack?

1) When building mimedata, store items in a list for later use
2) If drop is successful (ie. dataChanged() signal is emitted), begin
removing items in the stored list

> Well, the TT support sounded like there are a few issues with moving,
> which will be fixed in Qt4.2 so I guess you have to wait til that one
> comes out...
>
> I find it rather sad that Qt4 has so many bugs atm and that a lot of
> them can only be fixed with Qt4.2...

Hasn't Qt4 been plagued with quite a few bugs, ever since the first
release? It's quite unfortunate, and stressful because I assume I'm
the one making the mistakes.

Adam