[PyKDE] Print Quality

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jun 24 16:30:14 BST 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:25:23 +0100, Jose David wrote:

> After long googling hours and reading tutorials and manuals, i come to
> ask for help in the list.
>
> Im trying to print with a QPainter on QPrinter and everything whorks
> fine, except the print quality.
>
> I have a true-type font server installed, postscript interpreters,
> everything needed to produce quality prints and i am able to do so
> from every program i have, except the one im writing in pyqt. :(:(

Have you tried some of the Qt or PyQt examples and demos that deal with
printing? Do they also suffer from the same problem?

> Currently i have set the printer quality from 72 to maximum quality
> with no better result.

This probably won't have much effect on font rendering. I seem to remember
that this was a subject of confusion on the qt-interest mailing list.

> The problem, i think, comes from the font conversions, i have heletica
> font in my system and its the only one i can print with full quality,
> no other one whorks fine. The prints fonts always look lyke a low
> resolution bitmap. ;(;(

I guess it could be a font setup issue. Can you post some code that shows
the problem?

> As anyone experienced the same problem ??
>
> Any solution ??
>
> Im running python 2.3.5 and qt 3.3.6

Thanks for the version information! I assume you're running Linux, or some
Unix that uses X11 as its display system, since you're using a font server.

David