[PyKDE] Eric3 version 3.9.1 causes problems when opening single *.py files

Lars Fabig lfabig at iua.upf.edu
Fri Jun 30 15:21:04 BST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to Eric3 and set up the required software packages to make it
running. My configuration is:

- Windows XP
- Qt 3.3.3
- Python 2.4.2
- PyQtGPL10.exe (http://www.quadgames.com/download/pythonqt/)
- Eric3snapshot2005-04-10.exe (http://www.quadgames.com/download/pythonqt/)

With this quite old Eric snapshot it works.

Trying the latest version (3.9.1) I could install Eric, but I had to
execute it from command line.
The IDE starts up. Trying to open whatever python script file the editor
gives an error message:
"The file xyz could not be opened"

The stderr indicates the following message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python24\Lib\site-packages\eric3\QScintilla\Editor.py", line 3363,
in focusInEvent
    self.setCaretWidth(self.caretWidth)
Atrribute Error:caretWidth

Does there exist a bug fix for that or does anybody know how to fix ?
Also work arounds are welcome !

Best,

Lars