[PyKDE] missing gcc include directive for PyQt4 snapshot

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 19:42:06 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 6:03 pm, Patrick Stinson wrote:
> the command line to compile pylupdate is missing an include directive
> pointing to the value of the QMAKESPEC env variable. My mkspec is
> linux-g++-64, but the command line has $QTDIR/mkspecs/linux-g++, which I
> have not specified anywhere.

You did when you didn't specify the right platform when configuring SIP. The
default is linux-g++ if you are running on Linux.

> I have installed qt-4.1.0-r2 on gentoo.
> QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/doc/qt-4.1.0-r2/mkspecs/linux-g++-64
> If I add -I$QMAKESPEC to the command line it compiles fine, and a
> subsequent make, make install works.
> Am I missing a configuration directive/concept?

SIP uses mkspecs/default if it exists. This is normally a symbolic link to the
correct spec directory. If it doesn't exist (as is the case on Gentoo) then
it uses the platform given with the -p flag to configure.py.