[PyKDE] The old PyKDE SourceForge site

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 10:35:31 BST 2006

On Sunday 26 March 2006 12:59 am, David Boddie wrote:
> On Sunday 26 March 2006 00:04, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > I haven't seen Jonathan around in a while, and the sourceforge site isn't
> > getting any use. If you have a use for it and would like admin
> > privileges, I can set that up, I think, assuming I can get access (I
> > think I can). I'm not a good candidate for being the admin, and I get
> > very poor performance and problems with sourceforge over my satellite
> > link.
>
> I don't really want to do too much with it if Phil's going to set up a
> virtual server at some point. However, it might be good to just update
> the main site with some more recent news or links. I don't mind spending
> the time looking at that if nobody else objects.
>
> I suppose we could do with some more recent packages for some Linux distros
> as well. I can't really help with that, I'm afraid. :-)

Well I could always do with help with the new server - otherwise changes will
take a long time as I get side tracked. It's up and currently serves all the
static free stuff (ie. docs and non-commercial source).

In the first place, what should the site contain? These days do people prefer
forums to mailing lists? Should the mailing list be split into separate ones
for SIP, PyQt, PyKDE? Or by installation, bugs, programming questions?

The new site also needs to look like it's not been designed by a
programmer-who-is-definitely-not-a-graphics-designer.