[PyKDE] Using kabc from Python

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 3 15:20:58 BST 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 05:59, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to write a KABC::Resource, and I would like to implement it in
> Python. My version of PyKDE is 3.11.3 (old one, I know :-/) which does not
> come with bindings for KABC.
> Would you advice using the latest snapshot (I am always reluctant to use
> snapshots) or would it be enough to copy the sip files from latest snapshot
> to my source of PyKDE 3.11.3 and rebuild it?

I'd recommend the latest snapshot, which also requires sip 4.3.3 and PyQt
3.16.

Basically, recent PyKDE snapshots are the previous release upgraded to the
latest sip version with a few bug fixes missing (bugs that are already in
3.11.3). Most of the changes are minor, except that without them, things
break. There haven't been many significant changes to PyKDE recently, except
for adding kabc/kresource, and the snapshots aren't really experimental.

Jim