[PyKDE] eric-3.9.0 segfault

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 7 08:08:31 BST 2006

On 07.05.06 01:16:00, jagaeta wrote:
> When I try to run eric3, I'm getting a "Segmentation Fault" error,
> although the installation goes fine and I've previously installed
> Qt-3.3.5, QScintilla-1.65, sip-4.4.3 and PyQt-3.16 in that order, as
> recommended.
>
> All those were compiled on a Slackware 10.2 box (kernel 2.6.15.3) and
> g++-3.4.5.
>
> PyQt works ok. Can anyone help me?

Well, only if there's somebody with the same problem on a similar box, I
guess.

Other than that you need to provide some more information, in particular
start a debugger like gdb with the executable, then run the app and when
it crashes get the backtrace. This would look similar to the following

gdb --args python ~/python2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/eric3.py
run
<segfault>
bt

Of course with another path to the eric3.py file (the python file for
eric3). Also if you installed PyQt+Sip by compiling it yourself and not
by distribution packages, please rebuild both using the -u switch to get
more information from the backtrace. Also if Slackware provides a
qt-*-dbg package, this would be helpful too. (or compile Qt with the
-debug switch if you compiled it yourself).

Andreas

--
Advancement in position.