[PyKDE] Porting from PyQt3 to PyQt4

Frode Øijord frodo at sim.no
Thu May 11 16:48:16 BST 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

>On 11.05.06 17:19:25, Frode Øijord wrote:
>

>>when porting from PyQt3 to PyQt4 will i have to rewrite all GUI code to the Qt4
>>way of doing things? More to the point, I have subclassed a QListView and a
>>QListViewItem and I am wondering if I have to reimplement those with a
>>model/view design?
>>

>Well, if you don't want to do that, there's no real point in porting to
>Qt4/PyQt4 anyway.

I really do want to rewrite these classes, but if they would work the
way they are now, I would not have to rewrite all the code in one go,
which would make things much easier. QListWidget and QListWidgetItem
looks like QListView and QListViewItem in Qt3, perhaps i could use those
as an intermediate step? That would help...

--
Frode, SIM

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
 Good programmers write code that humans can understand"