[PyKDE] PyQt4

Spencer Ogden spencer at spencerogden.com
Fri May 12 23:57:33 BST 2006

Do tell. I'm trying to install on my gentoo box. I'm using
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" and I put the latest version of PyQt4 and sip in
my package.unmask. Qt 4.1.2 and sip build fine, PyQt gives a some errors:

g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I//usr/include/python2.4
-I/usr/include/python2.4 -I/usr/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I/usr/include/qt4
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include -o
sipQtGuiQAbstractButton.o sipQtGuiQAbstractButton.cpp
sipQtGuiQWidget.cpp: In function `PyObject*
   meth_QWidget_accessibleName(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
sipQtGuiQWidget.cpp:3107: error: `accessibleName' undeclared (first use this
   function)

Followed by more undeclared stuff. Is there something I can do to get
portage to use more recent versions of sip and PyQt, (besides writing
new ebuilds, I don't want it that bad)?

On another note, installation on windows went very smoothly and
everything appears to work well in the examples. Thanks for everyones
work, I'm looking forward to digging in.

Spencer