[PyKDE] Eric 3.9 reopen last project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 23 19:46:59 BST 2006

On 23.05.06 19:35:53, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. Mai 2006 23:41 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> > > Please don't! :) Some can have several ongoing projects at once and
> > > don't necessarily want to work on the last one opened when they fire up
> > > Eric3.
> >
> > I didn't say it should be a default behaviour, I hoped this is already
> > there as an option I just overlooked :-(
> >
> > > However, making it a command line option would probably be a good idea.
> > > What do you think, Detlev?
> >
> > Please if, make it an option that can be switched on/off in the project
> > settings. There's still some space there for another checkbox ;-)
> >
> And if this checkbox would be checked, how could one start it without opening
> the project (e.g. to just edit a file or start empty)?

Well I'd rather not start eric for just editing a single file, it takes
too long (at least here).

As for the argument: If you don't want to open the last opened project,
simply don't check the checkbox. You could also not open a project if
there wasn't one open when eric3 was closed.

> I think, the current
> behavior is sufficient even if it requires one or two clicks after startup.

Well, I'm really lazy and I really do use session management whereever I
can get it (konsole's opening at the last path I was, konqueror opening
the same tabs at the same position I left).

> If you work hard on a project you start eric3 once, open your project and
> work the whole day. ;-)

Yes, but I have to start eric3 once and thus these 2 extra clicks annoy
me.

Well, as the execute dialog remembers the whole command line I can live
with giving the project file when starting eric3.

Andreas

--
You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme caution.