[PyKDE] undefined symbol: _ZNK18QX11EmbedContainer5errorEv

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Nov 4 02:08:40 GMT 2006

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:09:27 +0100, Xavier Décoret wrote:

> Andrew Wilkinson a écrit :

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> > ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so:
> > undefined symbol: _ZNK18QX11EmbedContainer5errorEv
>
> It is not the answer to your question, but I use the occasion to give an
> poorly known trick with gcc: the utility c++filt lets you "unmangle"
> symbol names to get the "human readable" name of the missing symbol. In
> your case "c++filt _ZNK18QX11EmbedContainer5errorEv" returns
> "QX11EmbedContainer::error() const" so you know which function is
> missing from the compilation units.

It's very close to the answer. It looks like QX11EmbedContainer and
QX11EmbedWidget have been included unconditionally when they should
only be included if you're building against Qt 4.2.

Comment out or remove this line in sip/QtGui/QtGuimod.sip:

%Include qx11embed_x11.sip

Or, if you're not in a hurry, you could just wait for Phil to fix it in a
later snapshot. That way, you'll be able to use the same source package to
build libraries for use with Qt 4.1 and Qt 4.2.

David