[PyKDE] undefined symbol: _ZNK18QX11EmbedContainer5errorEv

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Nov 5 14:35:07 GMT 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 12:35, Andrew Wilkinson wrote:

> I had been trying to find out when the QX11EmbedWidget class was added, but
> I couldn't find it. I had to also edit sip/QtGui/qapplication.sip, but once
> I'd done that it compiles and runs fine.

I think I was quite confused about when it was introduced, so ignore my
comment about availability in versions before Qt 4.2. I seem to remember
that it was introduced in Qt 4.0:

http://blogs.qtdeveloper.net/archives/2005/08/10/playing-around-with-xembed/

In theory, then, any recent PyQt4 snapshot should work without problems
unless the underlying QtGui library is built without these classes. I'm not
sure if that's what Phil meant in his reply.

David