[PyKDE] Qt - PyQt problem in populate tables

Carlos Eduardo cedepaula at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 8 17:11:20 GMT 2006

Hello guys,

I have an application written with Qt 4.1.4 and PyQt 4.0.1.

I have some forms with tables that i populate using a code like this:

tableColumns = ["Lot ID.", "Item", "Quantity", "Status"]
itemData = [bla, bla, bla, bla]

for prodItem in prodItems:
    row = self.prodTable.rowCount()
    self.prodTable.insertRow(row)

    for data, col in zip(itemData,
                    range(self.prodTable.columnCount())):
        self.prodTable.setItem(row, col,
                               QtGui.QTableWidgetItem(str(data)))

self.prodTable.resizeColumnsToContents()
self.prodTable.resizeRowsToContents()

I dont use MVC.. so its not an option.
When the Qt4.2 came I started my tests with it and the latest PyQt and SIP
snapshots, I found that if my table has the <property name="sortingEnabled">
in the table, my function does not populate the table correctly leaving the
rows blank filling only the last one. This happens in the latest 4.2.1 QT and
4.1 PyQt.

I dont know if this could be a PyQt problem or a Qt bug. If its a QT one, how
can I contact Trolltech because I only write in Python and dont code in C.

If you need more details or screenshots contact me.

Thanks

Carlos