[PyKDE] idle time detection

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 9 21:02:10 GMT 2006

On 09.11.06 21:50:51, Torsten Marek wrote:

> Matt Newell schrieb:

> >> You have to hook into X11 then, I think.
> >
> > You need to use the XScreenSaver extension.  Attached is a c++ class used by
> > older psi that i use in one of my projects.  I'm not sure but you can
> > probably achieve the same thing with pure python.
>
> just a heads up,  you might want to look at ctypes if you do stuff like that, no
> need to write a C extension yourself. Remember, ctypes is stdlib in 2.5.

Well, I can see a X11 interface module here on my Debian machine:
python-xlib, so I guess the same is true for kubuntu. Which means
Sebastian could rewrite this small class in plain Python.

Andreas

--
You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended.