[PyKDE] Dependency on sip.pyd

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Nov 10 19:19:27 GMT 2006

Phil Thompson wrote:

> Sorry, I don't think I understand what you mean.

What I would like to obtain is that modules generated by SIP do not depend
on an external module (sip.pyd). This is technically possible of course,
it's just that SIP was designed in a different way.

> sip.pyd is a Python extension module - it is not a library and it is
> not linked against.

This is the current design, I'm asking to add an option to change this.

> You can build it statically and have it built in
> to your Python interpreter - same for PyQt (though I don't test
> this). So you could create a project specific interpreter.

To be clear, I'm not speaking of embedding sip.pyd in python.dll as a
builtin module. I'm speaking of totally *removing* sip.pyd as a module, and
just "put" all the necessary code within my own extension module created by
SIP.
--
Giovanni Bajo