[PyKDE] Re: "sender" info in Python slot

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at T-Online.de
Sun Nov 12 09:01:00 GMT 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > Why unclean (I didn't look yet at the sender() function)?
>
> Then look at the docs. There's a big fat Warning that using sender
> violates OO-principles and the signal/slot mechanim. There are quite
> some restrictions on sender() which you always have to have in the back
> of you head.

Yes, I saw that in your other post.

> > Still trying to get a simple QSignalMapper example to run. In the PyQt4 examples it is used only in mdi.py which isn't exactly simple, right?
>
> Actually I think it is a simple example, you do look at the python
> version do you? I guess best idea would be to strip it down to only
> include the open and the open-recent-files stuff and remove everything
> else. That should make it as simple as it can get.

Yes, I did look at the python version. Stripping it down should help, thanks for the tip. In the meantime I got a python translation of the "ButtonWidget" example in the C++ docs to run, there I'd made quite a simple error.

Sibylle

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Fasanenstrasse 12