[PyKDE] Windows install broken

Xavier Décoret Xavier.Decoret at imag.fr
Mon Nov 13 07:56:06 GMT 2006

Phil Thompson a écrit :
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 4:14 pm, Xavier Décoret wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I moved to PyQt 4.1 and Qt.4.2.1 and install is not straightforward. I
>> install Qt.4.2.1 for Windows (GPL) first, then PyQt 4.1 using the
>> windows installer. PyQt4 applications do not run, complainging that
>> Qt4Core.dll cannot be found.
>>
>> Have I done something wrong or is it normal?
>>
>> PS: I am recompiling PyQt4 from the sources to see If it works. Yet the
>> problem is that for beginners, this process is tedious and it might stop
>> them from testing PyQt, if the installer is "broken".
>>

> Make sure you have installed Qt and MinGW properly, ie. that the DLLs are on
> your PATH.

I have installed it the way a newbie would do it: double-click on the
installer downloaded from Trolltech and Riverbank. Personnally, I can
fix the problem. My concern is for other people (the one I target with
an open-source application). If they cannot simply install PyQt, they
won't use my soft ;-). So I am trying to figure out wether it is a
problem on my station, or a general problem with the installers.