[PyKDE] PyQt and QScintilla2

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Oct 8 13:54:04 BST 2006

On Sunday 08 October 2006 14:26, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> 08 Eki 2006 Paz 14:33 tarihinde, Ismail Donmez şunları yazmıştı:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I downloaded PyQt-x11-gpl-3-snapshot-20061006.tar.gz and it still looks
> > for qextscintillaglobal.h header which does not exist in QScintilla2
> > package. Now I wonder QScintilla2 supports both Qt3 and Qt4 but PyQt
> > still depends on qscintilla1 for QText ?
>
> Or let me put it this way, how do I get Eric3 to use QScintilla2? :)

Not at all. eric3 is not prepared to work with QScintilla 2 because the API is
different. Maybe there will be an eric3 3.10.x some time in the future. If
you have to use just QScintilla 2 (both QScintilla variants can live side by
side), you have the option to get an eric4 snapshot. Please be aware, that
eric4 is to be considered alpha and requires QScintilla 2.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach