[PyKDE] Stuck newbie

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 10 22:52:04 BST 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 13:05, Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how to properly connect my 'actionQuit_Ctrl_Q' with a
> quit signal for the whole Application execution loop?

You need to connect its triggered() signal to qApp's quit() slot. qApp is a
global variable in the QtGui module. Or, since you are subclassing
QApplication, you can just connect it to the instance's inherited quit()
slot:

def _connectSlots(self):
    self.connect(self.maindialog.actionQuit_Ctrl_Q,
                 QtCore.SIGNAL("triggered()"),
                 self.quit)

This assumes that actionQuit_Ctrl_Q is a QAction instance. If it's actually
a button then you need to use the clicked() signal.

David