[PyKDE] Keeping DCOP object reference does not work

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sun Oct 15 13:41:48 BST 2006

Jim Bublitz napisał(a):
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 01:40, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
>> If I create instance right before calling DCOP method, it works.
>> I have noticed that also writing method which returns fresh DCOPObj
>> instance and using this instance does not work.
>>
>> Any hints why it is working like that?
>>
>> Versions (Kubuntu 6.06.1 with KDE 3.5.3):
>> python-kde3 3.15.1+snapshot20060118-0ubuntu1
>> python-qt3 3.15.1-0ubuntu3
>
> The PyKDE version is a little old, and there have been dcop extension changes
> since the version you have, but I'm not sure they affect the problem you're
> having.
>
> Could you provide a short example program that demonstrates the problem, so
> that I'm sure I'm troubleshooting the actual problem you're having? You can
> just post it as an attachment here,  or email it to me (or both).

Sorry for troubling you. It turned out I have been trying to access top
level widget name (for creating DCOP reference) before it was set up.
This caused creating invalid DCOP object and failing DCOP call. It is
working now. I just had to create reference later.

Anyway, thanks for help :)

	Krzysztof Lichota