[PyKDE] Error compiling PyKde 3.16.0

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Oct 26 17:16:45 BST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 05:40, Mark Robinson wrote:
> Am getting the following output after running python configure.py with
> no switches
>
> any help with resolving it would be appriciated
>
> many thanks
> Mark Robinson
>
> PyKDE version 3.16.0
>            -------
>
> Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.4
> Python version is 2.4.3
>
> sip version is snapshot-20061015 (4.4.0)
>
> Qt directory is /usr/lib/qt-3.3
> Qt version is 3.3.6
>
> PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip
> PyQt version is 3.16 (3.16.0)
>
> gcc version 4.1.1
> concatenating files
>
> KDE base directory is /usr
> KDE include directory is /usr/include/kde
> KDE lib directory is /usr/lib
> lib directory is lib
>
> *** True KDE version is 0x30504 -- building for KDE 0x30503 ***
>
> KDE version is 3.5.3 (0x30503)
>
> PyKDE modules will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> PyKDE .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip
>
> PyKDE modules to be built:
>    dcop kdecore kdefx kdeui kio kresources kabc kutils kfile kparts
> khtml kspell kdeprint kmdi
>
> Generating the C++ source for the dcop module...
> sip: QColor::rgb() has overloaded functions with the same Python signature
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

That's a problem with PyQt - you need a newer version than PyQt 3.16. for the
sip version that you're using. I believe Phil has a newer release up at
riverbankcomputing.co.uk, but if not, you can download the most recent PyQt
snapshot. You'll need to rebuild PyQt before building PyKDE.

You can also just comment out all but one of the QColor.rgb methods in
qcolor.sip, but IIRC there are one or two other similar fixes needed in other
files.

Jim