[PyKDE] QtDBus Support in PyQt

Mathieu Bouchard mbouchar at bioinfo.ulaval.ca
Sun Oct 29 04:44:00 GMT 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 06:13, you wrote:
> On Saturday 28 October 2006 3:38 am, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> > Last commit is from 3 months ago.
>
> I was referring to Simon McVittie's work, possibly for v0.8.

This doesn't include support for Qt main loop

> > Current python bindings only supports
> > glib main loop. So, if you want to create an application that acts as a
> > d-bus server, you must use glib for now. The author has mentionned that
> > he will add support for generic loops, but has never mentionned Qt. Since
> > using glib main loop for d-bus support and another for Qt support is
> > impossible, there is a problem.
>
> Even with Qt 4.2's support for the glib main loop? Anyway, I've offered my
> help in adding support for the Qt loop - I think that's a better use of my
> time.

That would be perfect. The python API to use dbus is very clean and very easy
to use, but very difficult to use with PyQt because we need to create threads
to be able to receive dbus signals. If Qt support is added to the python
bindings, this will replace QtDBus.