[PyKDE] Re: Qt3 Clipboard Problem

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Tue Sep 12 17:37:37 BST 2006

Doug Bell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My application uses QClipboard's setText function (not in selection
> mode) for copied text.  It works fine while the app is running, but the
> clipboard is always empty after exiting the application.  This occurs on
> both Linux (PyQt 3.16 and Qt 3.3.6) and Windows (Qt 2.3).
>
> Any ideas?  Is some sort of inappropriate garbage collection going on?

That bug has been in Qt for a few years now, but I never had a reply from
trolltech support on that one :-(. My workaround, just before shutting down
my application:

    def _flush_clipboard(self):
        event = QCustomEvent(QEvent.Clipboard)
        QApplication.sendEvent(QApplication.clipboard(),event)

(Im just leaving the office for a few days; Ill post a detailed analysis
when I get back)