[PyKDE] PyQt4/win32 crash

K.S.Sreeram sreeram at tachyontech.net
Sun Sep 17 21:36:09 BST 2006

K.S.Sreeram wrote:
> The crash happens when a top-level window is closed, and all python
> references to the window are lost in the 'closeEvent' method.

I was just planning to report this bug to Trolltech, but it looks like
the bug has already been reported (and fixed for 4.2!). Bug id 115905.
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=115905

Just a note to anybody else building pyqt4 applications for windows. If
you're using the 'closeEvent' method, then you've most probably got a
crash bug!

Ofcourse, you can avoid this bug by keeping a reference around for
sometime. My earlier post contains one possible workaround.

cheers!
[sreeram;]