[PyKDE] Help wanted

JIm Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Sep 21 22:46:44 BST 2006

Python/PyKDE Programmer
===================

The premier KDE bindings solution* seeks programmer to develop usage example
code for KConfigSkeleton and KConfigDialog classes. Some experience required.
Compensation and benefits include PyKDE maintainer continuing to maintain
KConfigSkeleton and related code as part of PyKDE. Submit code samples
directly to this list or to the PyKDE maintainer.

PyKDE is an equal opportunity employer **

* also the only KDE bindings solution I'm aware of

** everybody gets the same pay

================================

Actually, somebody promised to do this when I applied the very well-written
contributed patch to KConfigSkeleton at the beginning of the year, but I
haven't seen any code yet (please point me to it if I've missed it).
KConfigSkeleton isn't something I use personally and quite honestly it's a
pain in the ass to maintain (it seems to be a magnet for problems with every
other part of the development process - ironically, I have little trouble
with the patch itself).

Also,  KConfigDialog uses KConfigSkeleton, so it would be nice to have a usage
example for that too, separately or combined.

Quite honestly, I have no idea what this particular chunk of KDE does (more
proof that you don't need to be smart to maintain PyKDE), so I would
appreciate if someone who uses this code and understands it could put
together a small example. In return, I will have a new and improved release
of PyKDE within the next week or two, and maybe a new snapshot before then.

I'd love to include your example code in the next release.

Thanks,

Jim