[PyKDE] KPart crashs

Daniel Marcel Eichler onsen-neko at gmx.net
Sun Sep 24 22:34:17 BST 2006

Jim Bublitz wrote:

>The following program imports a KPart - KPDF, KGhostview or KWord. Any
> of these work fine for me. KPDF and KGhostView will read and display a
> PDF file. KWord will open and allow you to edit a plain text file.

Like in the past, the kpart is loaded. But the problems still exists.

KGhostview doesn't load anything. Need a screenshot for further
understanding?

KWord allow editing of the text, but crashs if i wanna open the
contextmenu.

Oh, good news, the contextmenu in kpdf is now working. I thing, this is
because of a distribution-update. So the mainproblem ist the koffice-part
and kghostview.

>I'm not sure what was causing your crash, but these all work fine - I
> haven't made any modifications to PyKDE in this area (in fact I was
> just going to start digging into it, but apparently what I need is some
> good example programs). None of these have any of the menu interface
> stuff implemented.

Possible that it's a distribution-problem? I use Kubuntu 6.06. IIRC were
there some other kubuntu-user some months ago, with similar problems :-?

>I'm very sorry for the slow response (and in reading back, a pretty poor
>response on my part). I've had very little time to look at any of this
> the last few months.

Well, it's ok. I freezed my pykde-project, since the kpart doesn't work.
Meanwhile, i restructure the whole target of my idea a little bit, so i
have time to wait ;)

mfg

Daniel