[PyKDE] vendorID + py2app problem

Vicent Mas uvep at ono.com
Tue Sep 26 16:54:41 BST 2006

Hi everyone.

I am trying to use py2app to create an application bundle out of a
binary signed with VendorID, generated out of a Python script. Using
py2app on the unsigned script seems to work without problems, and the
generated app works fine. However, we can't figure out how to make
py2app use the signed binary as the main program for the application
bundle.  We have tried in two ways to no solution:

  1. Using the signed binary as the 'app' argument to py2app, but it
     crashes since it (of course) expects a Python script.
  2. Using the normal script for py2app, and somehow replacing it
     afterwards in the bundle.  However, tweaking the plist or the
     __boot__.py file is required, and the later doesn't allow arguments
     to be passed properly to the binary program.

Is any of the previous approaches viable?  Is there some other way to do
it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: Sorry if this is off topic but the pyqt-mac list archives don't show
vendorID related questions so I decided to try here first.