[PyQt] Newbe needs help porting to (Py)Qt4

Lawrence Shafer detroit371 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:40:34 BST 2007

Hello,

My first post here, and also my first python app.

I'm having trouble getting my Qt3 app wotking in Qt4. I have designed
the UI in QT-Designer and ported it to Qt4 with uic3 -convert, and
removed all Qt3 support widgets. When I run the .py it complains:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testapp.py", line 100, in ?
    app = HelloApplication(sys.argv)
  File "testapp.py", line 20, in __init__
    self.maindialog = TestAppUI(None)
  File "testapp.py", line 31, in __init__
    self._connectSlots()
  File "testapp.py", line 42, in _connectSlots
    self.connect(self.addbutton,SIGNAL("clicked()"),self._slotAddClicked)
AttributeError: 'TestAppUI' object has no attribute 'connect'

Is this a change in QT, or one of my mistakes?

The .ui and .py Files are attached.

Thanks, Lawrence