[PyQt] Building problems with PyQt4 20070402

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 4 10:50:07 BST 2007

Hi,

after switching to system-installed Qt4.2 I get some build errors when
trying to build QtDesigner module. Speficically ld fails to find
libqpydesigner.so, which wasn't built before QtDesigner module.

Also I saw that the designer-stuff wants to install itself into some Qt
locations, it would be cool if that could be changed to either the
prefix that PyQt4 is installed to or to something else I could tell
configure.py with a commandline switch. The reasoning is that I don't
want to have this installed together with a system-qt4, because this
clutters /usr.

Designer can load plugins from any location that is given in the
environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH so its not a problem to install
designer plugins to somewhere else.

Andreas

--
You will live to see your grandchildren.