[PyQt] Re: [PyKDE] Re: QAbstractItemModel 64 bit problem

Jeremy Sanders jss at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 18:09:22 BST 2007

Phil Thompson wrote:

> This is the correct behaviour.
>
> On 64 bits int is 4 bytes and long and void* are 8 bytes. Python ints are
> actually C longs. The value of id() is greater than 4 bytes so you lose
> bits when you call createIndex().

Thanks for the response - I thought that might be the case. I was just
surprised that there wasn't an exception, though I imagine it would be very
slow to check every parameter was within int bounds.

Looking at the trolltech docs for qt4.2, it appears internalId() returns a
qint64 now. Should this mean that internalId() should now work with 64 bit
python Ids?

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss at ast.cam.ac.uk>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.