[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.2, PyQt v3.17.1, SIP v4.6 Released

Ismail Dönmez ismail at pardus.org.tr
Wed Apr 11 13:54:00 BST 2007

Hi,
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 00:32:12 Phil Thompson wrote:
> The latest versions of PyQt4, PyQt3 and SIP have been released and are
> available from the usual places.
>
> PyQt v4.2 allows you to write Qt Designer widget plugins in Python. It also
> allows you to dynamically define new Qt slots, signals and properties.
> Properties defined in this way also behave as Python properties. Also
> included is support for the Qt event loop for the standard Python DBus
> bindings (ie. not the Qt DBus bindings). See the NEWS file for the full
> details.
>
> PyQt v3.17.1 is a minor bug-fix release. It also has internal changes to
> make it less dependent on any future changes to SIP.
>
> SIP v4.6 has support for wchar_t and universal binaries on MacOS/X. It also
> has lots of internal changes to support the Designer plugin support.

After updating sip and PyQt, PyKDE apps errors out like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/kde/3.5/bin/package-manager", line 981, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/kde/3.5/bin/package-manager", line 974, in main
    kapp.setMainWidget(myapp)
AttributeError: setMainWidget
ERROR: Communication problem with package-manager, it probably crashed.

here kapp is a KApplication, and rolling back to PyQt works fine. Is this
incompatibility expected?

Regards.

--
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. (Ernest Hemingway)

Ismail Donmez ismail (at) pardus.org.tr
GPG Fingerprint: 7ACD 5836 7827 5598 D721 DF0D 1A9D 257A 5B88 F54C
Pardus Linux / KDE developer