[PyQt] Re: PyQt Digest, Vol 33, Issue 23

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Apr 15 16:05:12 BST 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:19:03 -0700
"Tony Cappellini" <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is probably the most well-known readline for WIndows
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/PyReadline/Intro
>

> > To: Gerard Vermeulen <gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr>
> > Cc: pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com

> > itself is UNIX-only.

PyReadline does not work.  The GNU readline library calls a 'user'
defined function through a function pointer (PyOS_InputHook) at a rate
of 10 Hz.  The new feature in PyQt makes use of the PyOS_InputHook
pointer.  PyReadline does not handle PyOS_InputHook (tested), neither
do most of the Python readline replacements for Windows that I found
(by looking at the code).

Regards -- Gerard