[PyQt] A Qt error pushed me out of Python

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Apr 15 16:34:30 BST 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:01:56 +0200
Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:

> Google will find for you some interesting SF patches with Windows
> readline implementation for Python, that have been rejected because
> of side-cases, and IMHO missing the point that an optional incomplete
> buggy readline might be better than the void we have now. OK I'll
> shut up :)

Do you mean
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=1049855&group_id=5470
or are there other patches floating around?

I used the patch to make a small extension module:
http://pyqwt.cvs.sourceforge.net/pyqwt/inputhooker/inputhooker.c?view=markup

Problems are:
- the code has to be compiled with MSVC-2003 instead of MinGW, probably
  because MinGW  uses an incompatible Microsoft runtime library (that
  is the reason why I made it a separate module)
- the code is still line oriented: it works if the line after the prompt
  in the Python interpreter is blank.  Hower, PyOS_InputHook does not
  get called when the user has typed some characters or after a
  raw_input() prompt.

Gerard