[PyQt] QComboBox insert policy

Tina I tinaweb at bestemselv.com
Thu Apr 19 11:53:08 BST 2007

I have a QComboBox (Qt4) where I want to insert items alphabetically.
Pyuic4 generated this:

        self.depArea = QtGui.QComboBox(self.centralwidget)
        self.depArea.setInsertPolicy(QtGui.QComboBox.InsertAlphabetically)
        self.depArea.setSizeAdjustPolicy(QtGui.QComboBox.AdjustToContents)
        self.depArea.setObjectName("depArea")
        self.hboxlayout1.addWidget(self.depArea)

And the code that inserts the items in my program:

    for select in range(len(airports.areasIncluded)):
            self.ui.depArea.insertItem(select ,
airports.areasIncluded[select - 1])

'airports.areasIncluded' is a list of unicode elements. A snippet of it
(it's very long):

areasIncluded = [u' Spain, Portugal', u' France', u' Greece', u' Italy',
u' Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania', u' Poland']

The problem is of course that the item is inserted at position 'select'
and not where it fits in the alphabet. And from the documentation I can
not find any insert methods that does not require the 'index'. Am I
missing something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Tina