[PyQt] python and kwin

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Apr 21 18:22:24 BST 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:41:17 +0000, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> I am not sure, if this is the correct group ...

Yes it is. The change to the mailing list address didn't affect the purpose
of the group.

> I would like to adjust and place certain program windows in
> my kde-desktop environment with kwin as window manager. Is this
> somehow possible using python? Would be nice, if you got some ideas!

This may be possible, but I couldn't find any useful functions to do this
in the KDE API documentation - I looked at the KWin and KWinModule classes
in the kdecore module, for example. The standard KDE documentation should
give you some hints:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/kdecore/html/classes.html

However, you may need to resort to using DCOP to move windows, but note that
this will only work for KDE applications.

If you find any solutions to this, please let us know about them.

David