[PyQt] GIL related problem? Code inside.

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Tue Apr 24 08:43:28 BST 2007

At 14:16 21/04/2007 +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:

>It's a regression in 3.17.1 and I've backed out the change in tonight's
>snapshot. If you confirm it fixes your problems I'll release 3.17.2 in the
>next few days.

Just to keep you informed.

The problem of the test code is fixed as you know. Nevertheless, our
application keeps freezing and we have not found out why yet. The
application does not freeze with older sip+pyqt combinations. What should
we do next?

This problem prevents us from deploying a simultaneous installation of PyQt
and PyQt4 on our data acquisition systems. Is there a way to have a
simultaneous installation of two different sip versions (one for PyQt and
one for PyQt4)  with the same python interpreter?

Thanks,

Armando