[PyQt] PyQt4 dbus mainloop assertion error

Ingmar Steen iksteen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:38:14 BST 2007

On 4/25/07, Simon Edwards <simon at simonzone.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ingmar Steen wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the new PyQt4 dbus mainloop, but it crashes with an
> > assertion error when I try to get an object from the bus. I'm using Sip
> > 4.6,
> > PyQt4.2, Qt 4.2.3, Python 2.5.1, DBus 1.0.2 and dbus-python 0.80.1. Am I
> > doing something fundamentally insane or wrong?
> >
> > If I remove the QDBusQtMainLoop(set_as_default=True) line, it works just
> > fine. The assertion also happens if app.exec_() and get the bus object
> from
> > a QTimer event.
>
> Here is some code which works for me. You'll have to strip it down
> yourself though. I'm lazy like that. ;-)
>
> cheers,
>
> --
> Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
> simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/
> Nijmegen, The Netherlands | "ZooTV? You made the right choice."

Yes, that's a perfect example of an application that assumes Qt4 with glib
mainloop integration. But that's not really what I'm looking for. Thanks for
the reply though!

Ps. You could easily modify that script to not require PyQt4 at all. The
only thing you're using it for right now is set_timer / timerEvent which
gobject also provides.

Ingmar.