*** GMX Spamverdacht *** [PyQt] ImportError: No module named QtOpenGL

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 28 19:42:06 BST 2007

On 28.04.07 23:31:53, Pradnyesh Sawant wrote:
> Hello,
> I've written a small pyqt4 code, which on running on an ubuntu 6.10
> system gives me the foll error:
> $ python2.4 updLbl.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "updLbl.py", line 1, in ?
>    import PyQt4.Qt as qt

This is wrong, you don't want to do that. You want to do either

import PyQt4
from PyQt4 import QtCore,QtGui

>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyQt4/Qt.py", line 4, in ?
>    from PyQt4.QtOpenGL import *
> ImportError: No module named QtOpenGL
> I've tried installing python-opengl, and also qt4-dev-tools, but the
> error persists.
> What pkg do i need to install to get rid of the error message?

Install apt-file package and do apt-file update. Afterwards you can
search for files in packages using

apt-file search <filename>

If you still get the error when not import the Qt but the QtCore and
QtGui packages then you found a bug in Kubuntu's pyqt4 packages. But I
think you won't get that error.

Last but not least, the OpenGL part of PyQt4 is in the package

You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading
this sort of trash.