[PyQt] deriving a style in pyqt

Peter Shinners peters at imageworks.com
Fri Aug 3 00:53:33 BST 2007

Is it possible to derive a custom QStyle class from the built in
"windows" theme with PyQt? I remember playing with this idea early in
some Qt4 transitioning and didn't get too far. I may not have known what
I was doing.

Thought I would ask before venturing into this agani.

My goal is to basically take the 'windows' theme and make a few minor
cosmetic changes. Like skinner scrollbars, some padding, and a few minor
drawing changes.

I can imagine that this would be performance critical enough that doing
styles in C++ is desirable.