[PyQt] intel mac linking (4.3)

Joseph Gilbert jgilbert at jcvi.org
Thu Aug 9 16:01:11 BST 2007

Looking for some help here, not sure if this is the right place. I've
been trying to resolve the same problem for a few weeks off and on.

No matter what I do I end up with the same error when I build PyQT.
Is there a file missing from the linker path? I'm sure there is a
simple answer, wondering if someone has run into it.  I used to use/
build 4.2 without problems but, this is new. Was having the same
problem building the snapshots.

Thanks

Error recieved:

using `python configure.py --qmake /usr/local/TrolltechQt-4.3.0/bin/
qmake` then `make`

c++ -headerpad_max_install_names -bundle -F/Library/Frameworks -
framework Python -o QtOpenGL.so sipQtOpenGLcmodule.o
sipQtOpenGLQGLPixelBuffer.o sipQtOpenGLQGLFramebufferObject.o
sipQtOpenGLQGLColormap.o sipQtOpenGLQGLWidget.o
sipQtOpenGLQGLContext.o sipQtOpenGLQGLFormatOpenGLVersionFlags.o
sipQtOpenGLQGLFormat.o sipQtOpenGLQGLFormatOptions.o sipQtOpenGLQGL.o
-F/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -L/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/
lib -framework QtOpenGL -L/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -F/usr/
local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -
framework QtGui -framework Carbon -framework AppKit -framework QtCore
-lz -lm -liconv -framework ApplicationServices -framework QtGui -L/
usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -F/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -
framework Carbon -framework AppKit -framework QtCore -lz -lm -liconv -
framework ApplicationServices -framework QtCore -L/usr/local/
Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0/lib -lz -lm -liconv -framework ApplicationServices
-framework OpenGL -framework AGL
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
QGLPixelBuffer::bindTexture(QImage const&, unsigned int)
QGLPixelBuffer::bindTexture(QPixmap const&, unsigned int)
QGLPixelBuffer::deleteTexture(unsigned int)
QGLPixelBuffer::bindToDynamicTexture(unsigned int)
QGLPixelBuffer::updateDynamicTexture(unsigned int) const
QGLFramebufferObject::QGLFramebufferObject(QSize const&,
QGLFramebufferObject::Attachment, unsigned int, unsigned int)
QGLFramebufferObject::QGLFramebufferObject(QSize const&, unsigned int)
QGLFramebufferObject::QGLFramebufferObject(int, int,
QGLFramebufferObject::Attachment, unsigned int, unsigned int)
QGLFramebufferObject::QGLFramebufferObject(int, int, unsigned int)
QGLWidget::bindTexture(QImage const&, unsigned int, int)
QGLWidget::bindTexture(QPixmap const&, unsigned int, int)
QGLWidget::deleteTexture(unsigned int)
QGLContext::bindTexture(QImage const&, unsigned int, int)
QGLContext::bindTexture(QPixmap const&, unsigned int, int)
QGLContext::deleteTexture(unsigned int)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [QtOpenGL.so] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2