[PyQt] Embedding Qt Designer

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Aug 15 14:38:02 BST 2007

On Mittwoch, 15. August 2007, David Boddie wrote:
> On Wed Aug 15 02:57:49 BST 2007, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:
> > Hi, I've seen in the docs that it's possible to write plugins for Qt
> > Designer in Python, but is it possible to embed some of the components
> > such as form designer in a Python Application? If so, are there any
> > examples out there?
>
> It should be possible, but will require some work with C++ and SIP because
> the QDesignerComponents classes are not wrapped by PyQt. There are probably
> other issues to deal with as well.
>
> It's something I'd like to look at because it's needed to give eric4 full
> Qt Designer integration, but it would be good if we could come up with a
> solution that could be plugged into any Python IDE or application.
>
> Andreas Pakulat will be along in a minute to tell you how they did it for
> KDevelop. ;-)

Hi,

I would really like to see the QDesignerComponents classes wrapped. A couple
of weeks ago, I tried it, but gave it up at the end because I didn't have the
time to do the initial wrapping and maintain it next to the eric4
development. If Albert (or somebody else) would do the job, I would give him
a loud applause.

Please keep me informed.

Regards,
Detlev