[PyQt] [PyKDE] KCrash, sometimes even glibc

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:37:28 BST 2007

Hi all,

Some of you might know that I'm writing a livejournal client for KDE (and now
Qt4 too) called ljKlient...

I've been trying to find the culprit for this, but I absolutely have no idea.
The crashes don't tell me anything useful, and I've combed through the source
files that I find relevant to the crash (for example I know that it doesn't
tend to crash if I don't open the friendlistwindow, but that too isn't 100%
the case!), and I found nothing that's nasty.

And the thing only, ever, crashes on exit.  Never anytime else.  There are
cases when it only crashes with py251 but doesn't with py24.  Crazy stuff.

Sometimes it's just KCrash getting triggered, sometimes (only with py25) even
glibc panics about some double-linked list having gotten corrupted.

MALLOC_CHECK_=2 does not terminate the application either.

Ask me any details, I'll try to tell as much as I know :)