[PyQt] Cannot figure out the canvas module in the PyQt4 package

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 27 11:34:33 BST 2007

On 27.08.07 15:46:00, Shyamsundar, Purkayastha (Purkayastha)** CTR ** wrote:
> I was not aware of the QGraphics package of Qt. My notion was that all
> the earlier QCanvas classes have been renamed with Q3Canvas in Py4 and
> was searching for it PyQt4 modules.

Q3 classes are not in PyQt4, Phil doesn't support the Qt3 compatibility
stuff.

> Going by the API docs I figured out that it has all the features
> provided by QCanvas
>
> Is it more superior that the QCanvas ?

Yes, they are superior. Q3Canvas is kept only to smooth transition from
Qt3 applications. You can do many more things with QGraphics* than with
the canvas. (though I didn't need it myself yet).

Andreas

--
You will be traveling and coming into a fortune.