[PyQt] multiple dialog boxes simultaneously

Pradnyesh Sawant spradml at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:24:04 GMT 2007

Thanks for replying; coz this problem has been bugging me for quite some
time now...
On 06:17, 30 Nov, Doug Bell wrote:
> Pradnyesh Sawant wrote:
>
> Since you aren't keeping a refernce to QTimer or giving it an explicit Qt
> parent, it's probably getting garbage collected.  Try replacing tmr with
> self.tmr.

I'll try that

> > The other doubt is that only the last created dialog box can have focus.
> > How do I make it possible to give all dialog boxes the focus?
>
> That doesn't make sense to me.  Focus means that keyboard entries will go to
> the focused widget.  Do you want the same keyboard input to go to all of the
> dialogs?  That's non-standard, and would probably take a fair amount of code to
> work around the normal behavior.

I probably used the wrong terminology. What I really meant was that in the
current situation, only the last created dialog box has it's widgets
usable. All the other dialog boxes are greyed out, I mean even if click the
mouse on the dialog, it's widgets are still not useable. I think sdi/mdi is
the correct terminology for what I want, but I'm not sure I understand what
they actually mean.
Or, probably, what I mean is that the newly created dialog is a child of
the orignal one (now the parent), and the parent is not accessible till the
child has been closed. How do I make it possible for both the child and
parent to be accessible at the same time?

--
warm regards,
Pradnyesh Sawant
Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675